Every year the LGFA are assigned one activity day in Croke Park and this has been used for Gaelic4Girls, Gaelic4Teens, schools and clubs in the past few years and we are excited to announce that this year we will hold an Under 10 Go Games Blitz.
What will the blitz entail?
· Maximum 64 club Under 10 teams will be selected to participate in the blitz
· There will be a maximum of 15 players on each team with 2 mentors per team
How can a club take part?
· Clubs will only qualify if they take part in a county organised Under 10 Go Games Blitz in their county between the dates of 23rd February and 17thMarch 2019
· Counties must show evidence of the blitz taking place and also of the clubs taking part
· Every county can select two of the participating clubs to take part in the activity day in Croke Park. There will be a maximum of 2 clubs per county.
What are the next steps?
1. The county executive must organise an Under 10 Club Blitz using the guidelines provided in attached during dates provided
2. The blitz should be open to all clubs wishing to participate and all players must be registered through LGFA
3. A draw should be made on the day of the blitz with participating teams to select which two teams will go on to participate in Croke Park
4. Counties cannot make a draw if they do not organise a blitz and clubs from that county will be ineligible
5. The county executive must forward evidence of the blitz taking place plus complete the attached application form for the two nominated teams by Monday 18th March to firstname.lastname@example.org
We would appreciate if you can forward your intention to organise a blitz to Aisling please and if you have any questions please feel to make contact.
Look forward to having your clubs involved in this once in a lifetime opportunity!